Newsletter Sign Up
With great sorrow, I share the tragic news that Quentin Rund, passed away on February 5th, from a sudden and unexpected natural health event. This news comes as a terrible shock to all of us who knew him.
First and foremost, Quentin was a dedicated family man. Raised on a central Illinois grain & livestock farm, the youngest of ten children, he made his home in the nearby town of Monticello, Illinois. Quentin received his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois in Agricultural Communications and a master’s degree from Eastern Illinois University in Technology Education. After serving a two-year Peace Corps tour in Tunisia he returned to central Illinois and married his loving wife of 31 years. She and their 4 cherished daughters and 1 granddaughter were his greatest joy. He was a person of strong faith, high integrity, and a strong and independent work ethic.
Quentin had worked with the International Society of Precision Agriculture for over 10 years. He was a pivotal part in the organization of the International Conference on Precision Agriculture. He was a dedicated advocate for precision agriculture and his greatest achievement was in creating connections between agronomists.
If you would like to learn more about Quentin’s life, here is a link to his obituary:
In addition to the live, in-person event, registrants will now have the option of participating virtually as well. Registrants will be able to join the meeting live or remotely and will have access to all papers submitted to the conference.
Abstract Submission Extended
Solicitation of Board Nominations (Open March 1 – June 1 of election year)
- President Elect – (Two year appointment) to serve from July 2022 to July 2024, and then move to President for July 2024 to July 2026 and then to Past-President in 2026
- Secretary – (Two year appointment) to serve from July 2022 to July 2024
- The nominator must be a current member of ISPA.
- The nominee must be a current member of ISPA.
- Contact the nominee and verify that they are interested/available to serve as an officer.
- Submit a short CV (2-pages) with a high resolution picture of nominee.
- Provide contact information for the nominee and the nominator.
- Please send nominations to email@example.com.
Elections will be held electronically.
Collocated with IE 2022 - 18th International Conference on Intelligent Environments
Biarritz, France, June 20-23, 2022
Submission deadline: March 8, 2022
The goal of the Workshop on Edge AI for Smart Agriculture (EAISA) is to provide a forum for scientists, engineers and researchers to discuss and exchange novel ideas, results, experiences and work-in-progress on aspects related to the use and deployment of Edge Artificial Intelligence for smart and sustainable agriculture.
While intelligent systems for smart agriculture (and smart cities, in a wider view) are becoming widely available, they are mostly based on remote facilities for analysis and decision-making. Bringing AI to the edge is a way to cope with the many constraints such as limited communication capabilities and power supply. This also brings new challenges, such as energy efficiency and adapting AI models to low-capacity processors.
Attendees will appreciate and benefit from multidisciplinary exchanges on these hot topics. Through this workshop, we expect people from various communities to meet and exchange during the meetings and specific slots of time will be dedicated to open discussions.
More info: https://sites.google.com/view/eaisa2022/home
AI in Agriculture: Innovation and Discovery to Equitably Meet Producer Needs and Perceptions
- Graduate Research Assistantship Position at the University of Minnesota
- Precision Agriculture Technologies Extension Specialist
- Open Rank, Tenured or Tenure-Track Faculty Robotics and Automation
- Assistant Professor in Soil Remote Sensing
- Post Doc in Precision Agriculture - UCONN
The International Society of Precision Agriculture (ISPA) is a non-profit professional scientific organization.
The mission of ISPA is to advance the science of precision agriculture globally.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest content for future newsletters or visit www.ispag.org for more about the Society