26 June 2018, Montreal, Quebec, Canada The meeting started at 6:35 pm with 11 people in attendance. After introductions, a discussion occurred about changing the focus of the OFDS Community from sharing of field-scale trial data collected on production farms to methods, protocols and analysis of on-farm experimentation. The rationale for the change provided by Nicolas Tremblay and Tom Morris was that the proposed new Consortium for On-Farm Experimentation with leadership by Simon Cook would benefit from having a scientific home in ISPA, and because some of the objectives of the OFDS group have been shifted to an OFDS Working Group in ...more
Minutes of First On-Farm Data Sharing Community Meeting – ICPA – St. Louis, MO Union Station Hotel, Grand Ballroom B, 1 August 2016, 7:40 pm to 8:40 pm Attendees: Nicolas Tremblay, David Clay, Peter Kyveryga, Ignacio Ciampitti, Scott Murrell, Tom Morris, Gordon Reichert, Gary Hatfield, David Bonfil, Clive Blacker, Richard Heath, Rodrigo Tression, Lucas Haag, Suzanne Fey, Nicole Rabe, David Krueger, Cornelia Weltzien, Marilyn Kot, Guillermo Balboa. Tom Morris and Nicolas Tremblay thank everyone for attending the first meeting of the OFDS community. Many great ideas were provided and discussed. We will keep you informed about activities of the community by email. If you ...more
Tremblay, N. 2015. Agricultural Data Interest Group and Research Data Alliance, Travel Report to Paris, September 2015. 34 pages. Available here.
On-Farm Data Sharing Community (currently being reviewed; see business meeting minutes)
- Hold an Annual Community Meeting (either at the ICPA, a virtual meeting, or otherwise as arranged by the community leaders).
- Conduct an election of the Community Leadership at the Community Meeting in alternate years.
- Maintain a webpage with current information on the ISPA site.
- Organize a minimum of one oral session, tour, workshop, or event at each ICPA or other appropriate venue every two years.
- Create guidelines for data stewardship for results and Meta data collected from on-farm trials.
- Write case study examples of the benefits of sharing data from on-farm trials to show the benefits of data sharing, and increase understanding about data sharing.
- Peter Kyveryga, Iowa Soybean Association
- David Clay, South Dakota State University
- Ignacio Ciampitti, Kansas State University
- Laura Thompson, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Richard Ferguson, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Yuxin Miao, China Agricultural University
- Nicole Rabe, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Harold Van Es, Cornell University
- Yeyin Shi, Texas A&M University
- Kyle H. Holland, Holland Scientific, Inc.