ISPA Board Nominations
The nomination committee of ISPA is requesting nominations for the following offices for the ISPA
- President Elect – (Two year appointment) to serve from July 2016 to July 2018, and then move to President for July 2018 to July 2020 and then to Past-President in 2020.
- Secretary – (Two year appointment) to serve from July 2016 to July 2018
- Treasurer – (Four year appointment) to serve from July 2016 to July 2020
The ISPA is governed by an international Board of Directors consisting of elected officers (President, President-Elect, Past-President, Secretary, and Treasurer). The office of President will be filled by the current president-elect, Nicolas Tremblay.
Regarding nominations for the available elected positions of President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer, please feel free to nominate yourself! This is perfectly acceptable! The name of all nominators will be kept confidential.
To nominate an individual:
- The nominator must be a current member of ISPA.
- The nominee must be a current member of ISPA.
- Contact the nominee and verify that they are interested/available to serve as an officer.
- Submit a short CV (no more than 2-pages) with a high resolution picture of nominee.
- Provide contact information for the nominee and the nominator.
- Please send nominations to email@example.com.
Nominations must be received by 30 June 2016.
Elections will be held electronically. Ballots will be emailed to all ACTIVE ISPA members.
Abstracts Status Notification
Thank you for submitting abstracts to the 13th ICPA. We received over 250 abstracts
The abstract review process is completed and notifications were sent to all corresponding authors. If you have not received an email, please check your "junk mail" folder. You can also check the status of your submitted abstracts when you are logged in at https://www.ispag.org/abstracts. If you were requested to make revisions to your abstract, you can login and edit your abstract and resubmit.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for the abstracts submitted. We look to have a very successful conference with much interesting research presented.
For more information about the papers for the proceedings, please review the author instructions.
The template for papers is now available here.
AGRICONTROL 2016: The 5th IFAC Conference on Sensing, Control and Automation for Agriculture
Agricontrol 2016 Aug 14, 2016 to Aug 17, 2016
Sensing, control, automation and mechanization have been an important means for increasing agricultural productivity, improving worker health and safety, optimizing resource utilization, and reducing labor requirements. AGRICONTROL 2016: The 5th IFAC Conference on Sensing, Control and Automation for Agriculture’ aims to bring together scientists, engineers, students and others working in these areas from around the world to share their latest results. The conference will provide an opportunity for learning the state-of-the-art and for discussion on past achievements, and future directions in precision and automated agriculture. The conference is also expected to provide a venue for leveraging the advances in other lateral technologies for enhancing the productivity in agriculture. More details can be found in the webpage at http://ifac.cahnrs.wsu.edu/
Food By the Numbers
Some 80 percent of U.S. fruits and vegetables are grown on large farms and trucked hundreds of miles to their final destination. To track a crop's travels, two National Geographic reporters followed a truck filled with strawberries from a central California field to a store near the magazine's headquarters in Washington, D.C....More at National Geographic.
Precision Agriculture now available to members
- Organize and conduct international conferences related to precision agriculture (PA), such as International Conference on Precision Agriculture, European Conference on Precision Agriculture, and other related conferences.
- Develop and maintain a web-portal to communicate the latest developments in PA with the world, and maintain a member listserv to communicate among society members.
- Publish a quarterly ISPA e-newsletter for members and other subscribers.
- Provide members an opportunity for publication of original scientific research in the society sponsored peer-reviewed journal, Precision Agriculture.
CSIRO Agriculture seek an experienced Farming Systems Agronomist to join the Canberra-based group. The position will involve on-farm agronomic experimentation in southern Australia to investigate the impacts of a range of innovative crop management strategies to improve productivity and input-use efficiency. A specific role for the new appointment will be to develop and apply digital agriculture principles within the portfolio of relevant CSIRO activities at both experimental and farm-scales. In particular, there is an opportunity in the Canberra-based group to integrate new technologies into research and extension activities as a means to modernise cropping systems research and delivery and to reflect developments in commercial agriculture. Opportunity also exists to develop research links between agronomy, germplasm and plant breeding, along with new technologies in plant phenomics. Emerging technologies in soil and crop sensing, and farming systems simulation will be linked to industry needs, along with developments in precision agriculture, zone management and digital platforms that are now being widely promoted for industry application. The appointment will complement existing CSIRO skills in soil-plant-animal systems research and drive new collaborative opportunities both within CSIRO and with external collaborators and investors. The position offers a unique opportunity to develop ...more
IRTA is interested in hiring a postdoctoral researcher in Remote Sensing or Precision Agriculture skills to work in RS applications for irrigation management. Subscribe to IRTA Employment Board in www.irta.cat before October 10th 2015. see attached pdf for more details.